Knowing that we were in for a scorcher today, I decided to plan ahead and make cool and crunchy nut and yogurt cups for breakfast.
(By the way, what’s with almost 40 degree weather in spring? Are you dreading summer as much as I am?)
Deciding what nuts to use was easy because I had nuts in the pantry left over from the ones sent for my Lucky Smart Snax giveaway last week. I used Digestive, a mix of almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts, cranberries, sunflower kernels and pepitas. You could, of course, use any combination of dried fruit and nuts that you like.
To pretty things up, I layered Greek yogurt, coarsely chopped nuts and brown sugar in large wine glasses, then refrigerated them over night.
Delicious and cool on a hot morning.
- Greek yogurt
- brown sugar
- dried cranberries
- large wine glasses for serving
- Put a spoonful of brown sugar in the bottom of each glass.
- Add yogurt to just under half way up the glass
- Add another spoonful of sugar and scatter nuts and cranberries on top
- Add more yogurt to near the top of the glass.
- Finish with more brown sugar and a layer of nuts and cranberries.
- Refrigerate over night before serving.